Comox Valley After Hours Urgent Care Clinic
- Appointment types offered
- In Person
- To book an appointment
- Call for same-day appointments after 4 pm on weekdays and 8:30 am on weekends/stats.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Provincial Registration for COVID vaccine for anyone 12+: Click here for details of how to register online or by phone.
COVID-19 Booster Shot Information: Click here for more information about the COVID-19 booster shot.
Walk-in Vaccination Clinics: Click here to find a walk-in vaccination clinic near you.
BC Vaccine Card: Click here to get your proof of vaccination.
General Vaccine Info: Click here for more information about the COVID-19 vaccine from the BC CDC. Additional general information: Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine – Who Should Get It & What to Expect.
- For possible COVID-19 with flu-like symptoms, what should you do?
- Call our office so we can assess and decide on the best course of action
- Information about our clinic
What is the Comox Valley After Hours Urgent Care Clinic?
The Comox Valley After Hours Urgent Care Clinic provides after hours access to non-emergency, urgent care for medical concerns that cannot wait to be seen by your family doctor. Care is provided for people who need medical care within 12 to 24 hours, or are hurt and need to see a doctor quickly.
When should I book an appointment?
If you need to see a doctor quickly and it is not an emergency. For example, when you are experiencing the following symptoms:
- Cough and/or colds*
- Cuts, wounds, or skin conditions
- Infections such as chest, ear, and bladder
- Back pain
- Sprains and strains
- Minor injuries
*If an in-person appointment is needed, COVID-19 screening is in effect.
What services are not provided at this clinic?
This clinic is not a replacement for routine care from your family physician. Services not provided include:
- X-ray, ultrasound, medical imaging, or CT scanning or laboratory services
- Intravenous therapy
- Narcotics (opioids)
- Prescriptions for narcotics or tranquilizers (benzodiazepines).
- Completion of medical forms, such as for Persons with Disability (PWD) and private insurance, or provision of doctors’ notes.
- Second opinion for ongoing concerns
- Chronic disease management
Office staff and doctors will support you in determining if the care you require is best provided through this clinic.
How do I make an appointment?
Call 250 334 9241 for an appointment after 4:00 pm on weekdays and after 8:30 am on weekends and statutory holidays.
For more information: Comox Valley After Hours Urgent Care Clinic Pamphlet
Take a look at the Comox Valley Pathways Community Service Directory for general information about local services, useful handouts and videos.
|5:00 pm - 9:00 pm||5:00 pm - 9:00 pm||5:00 pm - 9:00 pm||5:00 pm - 9:00 pm||5:00 pm - 9:00 pm||9:00 am - 2:00 pm||9:00 am - 2:00 pm|
Open Statutory Holidays: 9am-2pm